Monday, September 06, 2010

Andy Hayman is a bent copper *

Some people say...


Andy Hayman is a bent copper and Simon Harwood is a fucking murderer. Actually Hayman's not a total stranger to the whole murdering innocent people game neither. Come on police! We pretty much all accept that it's better to live in a society of laws that protect us all and that we should respect those who have to enforce these laws. This is made sooooooo much harder when the police (and this is a crass generalisation as there are thousands of them) seem to act like a tribe. It's not them and us. We're not your enemy. We look to you for protection. Now go and arrest Hayman! He's a crook. He's making you all look bad!

As usual I did consider ceasing this thing. It's been hard to get any gumption together what with cancer scything its way through those I love. I don't want to talk about it but I sure am thinking about it. Everything else seems so trivial by comparison but in a fit of recklessness and to lash out at someone I thought I'd come on and slag off some cops. Cowardice and sense will probably kick in before too long and I'll wipe all this before I end up in klinky for something or other, after all as Joan Baez points out in The Ballad of Sacco & Vanzetti Part II; 'Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent.' However this is a genuine appeal. I mean I may have some issues with some specific laws but really and truly I totally hate criminals despite the way popular culture seems to applaud them. The thing is, the criminals who are actually any good at it are at the apex of our society and therefore there's nothing we can do about them. If they want Andy Hayman to write a bullshit column for them all we can do is just sit there and take it.

Unless.......

Hello...who's this crashing through the door? Fuck me! That was quick, I hadn't even finished yet!

No comments: